Here are some cool things to know about Jackson and his development this week (at 26 weeks along):
- He weighs between 1.5 - 2 pounds.
- He's the length of a small pineapple.
- His eyebrows and eyelashes are well formed.
- His eyes are fully developed and he will start to open and close them in a couple weeks.
- The (probably blonde) hair on his head grows and thickens.
- Little footprints and fingerprints form.
- He starts using his lungs to mimic breathing.
- Essential fats accumulate under the skin.
We've also read that he can sense light now, so we shined a flashlight at my belly the other night and he visibly kicked right at it! On that note, he moves around a lot these days, and it's so funny because we are beginning to be able to see my stomach move as he does...a little kick here, a little punch there. It's so fun!