Monday, January 18, 2010

Young Life

Young Life is about to start back up in full swing for us in the Smoky Mtns.  Our first club of the semester is next week and we are excited about it!  We lost 2 of our volunteer leaders this month due to moves, but we are confident that the Lord will provide more leaders in the weeks and months to come.  I (Ellen) decided to be a Young Life leader (never been one before).  I am so excited to get into students lives again--going to their games, events, and lunchrooms, all for the hope that they may come to know Jesus. Ryan is doing an INCREDIBLE job as the area director!  He has worked very hard these first few months building relationships with both students and adults in the community.  He leads a campaigner group (bible study) each week for some senior guys, as well as does all of the planning for club.  He and I went to one of the local college's ministry fairs (Johnson Bible College), and had 15 college students sign up at our booth, expressing interest in Young Life and possible being a leader.  We have set up a "Meet, Greet, and Eat" with them on their campus to tell them a little bit more about Young Life and to answer any questions they may have.  We are praying that from the 15 names, we will get 3 leaders...please join us in this prayer!

Here are some photos of some Young Life kids.  This is at the "Border Bowl," the All-Star football game between Tennessee and Kentucky.








This is Keeley, about the only other person around here shorter than me.  I think Ryan pulled his back out for this picture. Also, yes, I look tired.  Had a YL Committee Overnight the night before, so I didn't get my usual 9-10 hours of sleep.  Growing a baby wears me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment