Here's some fun facts about the baby right now, according to What To Expect When You're Expecting, the pregnancy book I'm reading.
By week 14:
- Baby G is about the size of a clenched fist
- Baby G has started sprouting hair (on his/her head and eye brows)
By week 15:
- Baby G measures 4.5 inches, weighs around 2-3 ounces, and is about the size of a naval orange
- Baby G can now wiggle his/her fingers and toes and even suck a thumb!
- Baby G can also make breathing movements and swallow
- Baby G gets a workout each day by kicking, flexing, and moving his/her arms and legs (but I can't feel any of this yet)
By week 16 (this week):
- Baby G weighs a whopping 3-5 ounces now
- Baby G's eyes and ears have finally moved to the right spots
- Even though Baby G's eyelids are still sealed shut, his/her eyes can perceive light and make side-to-side movements
- And in mommy news, my uterus is now the size of a small melon (sorry if that is too much information for some of you) :)
I am still feeling great and Ryan is being very gracious to clean the bathrooms, prepare leftovers, and do anything else that involves a strong smell (my nose just can't take strong smells anymore).
Young Life is going great. Ryan has recruited 2 more leaders for us, which is awesome, and there are a few more still in the works. God is good and we continue to pray for His guidance as we navigate the waters of high school ministry here.
We closed on our house, so we are officially homeowners again. We plan to move in once we finish a few projects over there, probably in a couple months (we are so excited about our house and finally getting settled in there!!)
The most potentially exciting news is that there is a chance (be it ever small) that Ryan doesn't have Celiac disease after all! We are trying not to get our hopes up, but if it is true, then you may read in the paper about a tall, naked guy running the streets of Pigeon Forge eating pizza and covered in donut crumbs. We should know more after his next doctor's appointment, where they will go over the results of his recent ultrasound (yes, we both had an ultrasound in the same week - ha!)
That's about it on our front. We find out if Baby G is a boy or a girl in 4 weeks!!!